A motivation book got me motivated so I decided to put up a bunch of Beeminder goals:
- Use Trello actively and write 2 blogs per week for Hacked Man
- Get to bed before 22:00 at least four nights a week
- Read at least 20 minutes per day (edited)
- Meditate at least 4 times a week, 15 minutes a session (edited)
- Practice Swedish using Anki at least four 20 min sessions a week (edited)
- Exercise at least 3 times a week ([training plan]))
- Write at least something into a diary at least 5 times a week (I'm using Momento for this.)
and then the tough one:
- Vacuum the apartment at least 2 times a week
These should be easy enough for me to create some success spirals easily. For example, finding extra 15 minutes for meditation on a daily basis should be guaranteed as I have two 15 minute breaks a day at the office (which I don't ever use). So as it's summer and the going is pretty mellow, either of those can be spent on meditation easily.
I've tried to take optimism into account and make certain I manage to pull of success spirals (ie. not screw up right in the beginning). My hubris demands I set all the goals for at least 7 times a week, but success spirals are not something you want to screw up and life has a way of happening, so manageable (but challenging and exciting) goals are the way to go. For starters!